About My First Tai Chi Teacher..
My first Tai Chi teacher was Sifu Charles Farrel.
Listed below are a few of the pertinent facts that are listed on his web page:
I studied with Sifu Farrel both hard a soft martial arts from 1982 through 1990.
- Sifu Charles Farrell is a Sifu or Master Teacher who has been studying and
teaching for 28 yrs.
- His teacher is Grandmaster Wm.C.C.Chen of NYC.
- Sifu Farrell is the 1995/96 International Kung-Fu Federation Heavyweight Contact
Push Hands Tai Chi Chuan Champion, won at Seattle, Washington at the
- He also studies in China at The Xi Yuan Hospital, Beijing Chi Kung Department.
- His first teachers in Tai Chi Chuan were Maggie Neumann and Michael-Hackshaw
Stoute, both original students of Great Grandmaster Professor Cheng Man Ching.
- Sifu Farrell has an extensive background in other martial Arts.
He has studied Kodakan Judo with Sensei Richard Walters, World Champion and
currently with Sensei Joe Walters, World Masters Judo Champion.
He has also studied Kenpo/Jiu-Jutsu with Grandmaster Ed Parker, and
Grandmaster Dennis Nackord. Sifu Farrell holds a high ranking black belt in the
- Sifu Farrell is the founder of the American Tai Chi Healthcare System, designed to
certify teachers for Long Term Care facilities and Nursing Homes in a modified
system for elderly.
- He teaches Tai Chi Chuan/ Chi Kung on his TV show in NJ, WWAC53, Atlantic City,
Sunday mornings at 8:30 am